Bookkeeper / Accountant
May 18, 2021
You have always been fascinated with keeping things in order and balancing numbers. Bringing your knowledge to a craft brewery sounds like a dream job. You’re looking for a brewery owned and operated by people that are passionate about what they do, and who will appreciate your contribution. You understand that the craft beer industry is regulated and that a brewery needs a person with your obsessive attention to detail. You’re ready to work directly with ownership to help lead our financials.
Category 12 is growing! Situated on the Saanich Peninsula, we opened our doors just over six years ago and have recently expanded our lounge and added a kitchen! We left our careers behind to open Category 12 and unleash our creativity on the world while proudly blending it with our scientific roots. We have a modern, bright and inviting work environment with a great on-site lounge now expanded and with a kitchen. We brew beers that are hard to make and love truly unique flavour experiences that are both Belgian and West Coast inspired. We have a deep fascination with the science and art behind the craft of brewing and are obsessed with all the geeky details (microbes and all!). We have an expanding oak barrel-aging program and propagate any yeast strain we desire. Hundreds of brews later, we feel like we are still just beginning to flex our creative muscles with new ideas constantly in development. We’re a tight-knit family of friendly, passionate people that thrive on taking the beer we brew and food we make seriously but not ourselves. We enjoy supporting each other, sharing our beer, food (and story) with the public and getting the job done every day.
- - Reconcile weekly Liquor Distribution Branch payments and sales receipts
- Minimize Accounts Receivable, update customer payment details, followup on overdue accounts
- Double check end-of-days to ensure they are being coded to the correct accounts
- Apply payments and other various deposits from undeposited funds to Chequing
- Reconcile Credit Cards, Bank Account, Loan Payments and enter missing invoices
- Create Journal entries for gift card account, tips payable, etc.
- Review & prepare month end financials
- - an ability to work independently and remotely
- strong and proactive written communication skills
- 2 or more years of bookkeeping experience
- CPA designation is a major plus
- Experience in regulated industries is a plus
This part time position is approximately 10 - 15 hours per week (days are flexible).
We would be willing to work the appropriate candidate on scheduling shifts around school hours if desired.
If this sounds like you, and you live in Victoria, we’d love to talk! Please apply by telling us how you are awesome in a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org